the future of multimedia

As a 21st century student, it is almost impossible for me to avoid multimedia education, if I ever get into any math trouble and I can not reach for my professor, I go on Youtube and search Khan Academy. And after the pandemic, I actually find that I enjoy online teaching more than in-class teaching. It is so much easier for me to sit on my bed and just log on to my computer to attend classes. Laziness aside, the actual reason why I prefer online teaching is that the materials of the courses are accessible anytime I needed to access them, I can repeat the learning material whenever I want and how much ever I want, that way I could almost(almost) confirm I gain the knowledge from the lectures. And the pandemic actually forces many instructors to improve their multimedia designing skills as they have to use multimedia for lecture purposes. Although online instructing does not share the advantages of face-to-face instructing, it is still showing us the potentials of online open learning, and the key of online open learning is multimedia. Multimedia plays an extremely important role in online open learning as most of the online open learning will be on the multimedia preform. Online open learning is almost unavoidable as its flexibility helps us achieve a more flexible timetable, and since nowadays people are getting busier, a flexible timetable will be more valuable for students. Therefore, I see multimedia as a major role in our future education.